Modern Family

Post Decree Motions

Sometimes, even parents who have their children's best interests at heart, have unforeseen events or circumstances occur which require a change in the original custody agreement.

Perhaps you or the other parent lost their job.  Perhaps there has been a significant change in the parenting time arrangements.  A divorce agreement that was made a few years ago may not serve the best interests of the children anymore.  Or perhaps a spousal maintenance award needs to be reviewed.

 If you already have an existing custody Order and wish to modify it, there are certain criteria that must be met.  We will work with you to determine if there is a change in circumstances that warrants such a modification.    

Often times, an updated agreement can be reached by attending mediation or other alternative dispute resolution method.  However, sometimes that is not always a possibility.  In those instances, I am prepared to file a modification case with the Court and protect your best interests.